Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 19:32:13 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> [Applying rietveld 5595043 to git afb4c5fb]
>
>> It means running your own files that use this feature, and reading
>> the docs to see whether the docs as well as the new incarnation of
>> the feature make sense to you.
>
> It was really good that you have been a pain in the neck, since your
> patch causes rhythmic problems.
>
> This input
>
>   \version "2.15.25"
>
>   T = #(define-music-function (parser location music) (ly:music?)
>         #{
>            \times 2/3 $music
>         #}
>       )
>
>   \relative c' {
>     <c e g>4 r <c e g>2 ~ |
>     \T { <c e g>4 q q } \T { q q q } |
>   }
>
> gives this warning message
>
>   q-bug.ly:11:34: warning: barcheck failed at: 5/12
>    \T { <c e g>4 q q } \T { q q q }
>
> and yields the attached output.

Cute.  Hiding the duration of the repeat chord away in "chord-repeat"
might not have been such a good idea after all.  I'll take a look at how
\times works and likely will change this back, as the durations are more
likely to be found in a "duration" entry.  Hopefully that is enough, or
I'll have some serious head-scratching to do.

Thanks, that was an important help already.