Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:35:24 -0000

Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 1:07 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

I assume it uses the "normal" git cache on my computer

Nope.  It uses whatever repository you specify in the LILYPOND_GIT
environment variable.

But if I rely on other uses for the LILYPOND_GIT environment variable, then it must use my normal git stash. Strikes me it would be safer to have a duplicate stash just for patchy, and a different variable.

- is there any danger if this is also my dev machine with other
changed files in the git filesystem (e.g. the LSR copies, for
example).

Depends on what you specify in LILYPOND_GIT and the configuration file.

My brief look at one of the scripts showed an expectation of using a
RAMdisk.  I'd rather use my SSD.  Does this involve any changes?

Configuration of the respective paths.

In the scripts or in a config file?

Please confirm which script should be the main "master" and what to
look for when it's running.

I don't quite understand what you are asking here, but presumably you
mean lilypond-extra/patches/lilypond-patchy-staging.py or so.

I think that's what I meant.

"smtp_command: msmtp -C ~/.msmtp-patchy -t" means nothing to me.

That is command for mailing the completion message somewhere.  I have no
idea what msmtp is supposed to be, but I replaced it with

   mail dak

on my system.  Which is not really what was intended, I guess, because
it mailed a mail to me addressed to Graham and the developer list.
msmtp would likely have bypassed me doing that.

I don't have a mail account on that machine, so would need to configure it to use my normal SMTP provider, but don't know how to do that.

--
Phil Holmes