Re: Creates a MIDI note length formatter (issue 5576062)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Creates a MIDI note length formatter (issue 5576062)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:56:08 +0100

On Jan 31, 2012, at 10:44 AM, Marc Hohl wrote:

> I tried to write such stuff long ago, but I was told that it is not possible
> get the informations about beats and measures within such a scheme function.
>
> Mike's proposal opened a way to get exactly this information.

Marc,

I write code much faster than I think, so I am not sure if this task is not
accomplishable in Scheme.  W/ respect to the link I sent you, I didn't mean to
suggest that the actual code could accomplish a given goal, but rather the
approach.

I wrote my own set of Scheme functions based on this method that got all the
swing I needed into a score.  However, if you can send me a minimal example
(i.e. 1-2 bars) of something that proves the Scheme solution to be deficient,
then I'll re-post the patch.

Cheers,
MS