Re: Allows seconds to merge (issue 5729057)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Allows seconds to merge (issue 5729057)
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 19:37:24 +0000

Mike I begin to suspect that you employ an army of monkeys on keyboards.
 This code works by accident.

Also, change the comment on ‘collision-seconds.ly’ to reflect the new
behavior.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5729057/diff/1/lily/include/stem.hh
File lily/include/stem.hh (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5729057/diff/1/lily/include/stem.hh#newcode32
lily/include/stem.hh:32: static vector<Offset> note_head_x_y_positions
(Grob *me);
Better to return x-positions separately.

So far you do not use the Offset as a 2-D position, but rather use only
individual x- y-components, and probably we should continue to think of
the coordinates separately.

Don't combine x and y into an Offset here, because the y position is in
half-staff-spaces and the x-position is in staff-spaces.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5729057/diff/1/lily/note-collision.cc
File lily/note-collision.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5729057/diff/1/lily/note-collision.cc#newcode135
lily/note-collision.cc:135: if (ups[i][X_AXIS] != min_ups)
  if (ups_X[i] != 0.0);
It just happens that min_ups and min_downs always end up being 0.0,
which is what you really wanted anyway.

Probably better would be an array telling which heads are on the unusual
side:
  if (ups_is_suspended[i])

http://codereview.appspot.com/5729057/diff/1/lily/note-collision.cc#newcode140
lily/note-collision.cc:140: if (dps[j][X_AXIS] != min_downs)
if (dps_X[i] != 0.0);

http://codereview.appspot.com/5729057/diff/1/lily/stem.cc
File lily/stem.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5729057/diff/1/lily/stem.cc#newcode264
lily/stem.cc:264: /* The positions, in ascending order.  */
I see you need the y-component so you can sort these x-components
properly, but it complicates things to make a 2D offset.

Maybe return two separate arrays: the integer staff-positions and
boolean flags marking the heads that are on the unusual side of stem.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5729057/