Re: Fixes to auxiliar/doc-section.sh

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Fixes to auxiliar/doc-section.sh
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 10:16:34 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden>
To: "Lily-Devel List" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 11:06 PM
Subject: Fixes to auxiliar/doc-section.sh

I've just pushed some fixes to auxiliar/doc-section.sh to staging, as several things seemed to have gone wrong with it since I last used it. The script is intended to be used for quickly checking changes made to the English docs. It compiles a section of the docs to html in a minute or so and displays that section in a browser. Far better than waiting an hour or so (that's how long it seems to take on my laptop) for make doc to finish, if all you want to do is check that the texinfo and the cross-refs are valid. It now works fine on my laptop under Ubuntu. I'd be grateful if one or two of the doc editors could check it out too, once it moves into master. Thanks.

Trevor

Once you have a successful make doc, you might be surprised how little time it takes to remake to check changes now. On my admittedly quick machine, make -j9 CPU_COUNT=9 LANGS='' doc takes about 5 seconds.

--
Phil Holmes