Re: [patch] Fix mordents and pralltriller in articulate.ly

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: [patch] Fix mordents and pralltriller in articulate.ly
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 22:55:20 +0100

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:25:40PM +0100, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Graham Percival
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Well, I think this one is simple enough to push directly.
>>
>> Shall i do this?
>> And shall i not ask next time? ;)
>
> If you are certain that it will cause no problems, and willing to
> take responsibility if it does cause problems after all.

ok, i won't push it then.

>> That was also my reasoning.  It's unbelievable how much time is spend
>> on patch maintenance...  A simple change can take 5 days (in my case
>> it means 5 days of constant awareness about the patch)...
>
> Oh?  And yet, a few hours ago, we saw that a questionable patch in
> staging.  We had to look at it manually, back it out, do a
> forced-updated of that branch which changes all committishes...
> it's a pain.

i'm sorry, i didn't mean to complain.  It's a problem i have with
myself, not with our workflow.

> If you're willing to work on improving things, write a python
> script that takes care of putting stuff on a countdown.  That's a
> task that's trivially done by a script, and it'll exercise your
> python and json knowledge.  See the Patchy code for hints.  If
> you're not interested in doing that type of work, fine; we can
> live with the status quo.
>
> (no, the "automatic countdown" won't address patch-handling
> concerns arising from this specific instance, but an automatic
> countdown is the easiest thing we can automate.  If nobody is
> interested in doing that, there's no point discussing more
> complicated things)

I'm interested in doing this, when i finish these:
- announce Regtest Rater
- write application to GSoC if Lily is accepted
- write text for new LilyPond Report
- organize a Kickstarter project.

I find the above more urgent/important.

cheers,