Re: lilypond-book: Set include path for --output option (issue 2423). (i

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: lilypond-book: Set include path for --output option (issue 2423). (issue 5846075)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:37:46 +0100

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:39 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:

> http://codereview.appspot.com/5846075/diff/1/scripts/lilypond-book.py
> File scripts/lilypond-book.py (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/5846075/diff/1/scripts/lilypond-book.py#newcode639
> scripts/lilypond-book.py:639: global_options.include_path.insert (0,
> inverse_relpath (original_dir, global_options.output_dir))
> Wouldn't it be easier if you just added the absolute path to
> original_dir?

It would be easier, but I think the proposed patch is a better
implementation. Using absolute paths makes the document less portable
and prone to errors caused by any weird characters that a user might
have in the names of parent directories. Absolute paths also didn't
play well with lilypond on Windows (see
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2209 ). While I
didn't test the suggested patch on Windows yet, I will do so very
soon.

Regards,
Julien