Re: Parsed object should be dead

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Parsed object should be dead
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:57:31 +0200

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm getting a lot of:
>
> programming error: Parsed object should be dead: static
> scm_unused_struct* Prob::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
> continuing, cross fingers
>
> from current master.  Is anyone else having this problem?

I have not gotten lots of it, but I _did_ get one on the graphviz
stuff.  What you are seeing (as well as the graphviz report) is likely
connected with
commit e9f23376b8bac1ae6b776d944469712c983e844c
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Wed Mar 21 19:57:46 2012 +0100

    Issue 2425: Don't reload initialization files when processing multiple files

    This significantly speeds up processing of multiple files per session,
    but has some more potential for bleedover between files.

    Bleedover can occur when data structures set up by init.ly (and the
    loaded files) in the parser module before calling the main file are
    modified in-place.

    init.ly caters for the known cases: some hash tables modified by user
    commands are cleared at the start of a new pass, and output
    definitions are cloned rather than reused from the first load of
    init.ly.

One problem might be be that "parsed objects should be dead" messages
might more easily persist beyond the file actually causing the problem.
Can you check whether this is what you are seeing (namely the messages
starting with one particular file, and then triggering for every
remaining file in the session)?