Leave of absence

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Leave of absence
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:31:08 +0200

Early next morning I am leaving for my yearly Easter climbing trip (back
on Tuesday after Easter).

LilyPond has been taken into account by picking accommodation with a
roof, so if the weather goes bad, there will be workable conditions.
There is WLAN access in the lobby, not sure whether it was actually
24/7.  Access in the rooms itself would be something like €40 extra per
week IIRC: last year one of the participants needed access for
work-related reasons, so we were "sharing" by handing round his MAC
address.  Ironically, the user who was not able to set her computer's
MAC address and consequently was left out of the fun was using a Mac.

It will not be feasible to do my usual work patterns since all rooms
(apart from the bathroom) in the appartment are used for sleeping.  And
besides, I tend to be tired.  So I'll likely skip on the in-room access.
There will likely be one synch per evening, and little time to work.

All in all, an excellent opportunity for other people to try running
test-patches.py.

I'll be cutting short the countdowns on my outstanding items so that I
have a chance to address complaints before I leave.