Re: Point and Click also into the MIDI file

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Point and Click also into the MIDI file
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:40:31 +0200

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 6:27 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Wilbert Berendsen <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> This would also be extremely nice for Frescobaldi.
>>
>> +10 (from me)
>> +100 (from my choir)
>
> Interesting: your choir uses tools that could be brought to interpret
> this kind of message?

Not quite, that was rather meant as a +110 for having this in Frescobaldi.
The situation is as follows: my choir is used to Finale scores.  In
Finale, when you play a score, a green line follows the playback
(showing where you are).  We're switching to LilyPond, and when i send
them MIDI files, they miss this feature.  I've thought about using
Musescore for that, but i had trouble exporting Lyrics through MIDI,
and also the layout of the imported midi is completely different from
the actual pdf score.  It would be nice if we could use Frescobaldi
for that.  (or some other tool, but Frescobaldi is already here).
Actually, i know that pdf is a very "broad" format and i suppose that
one could create interactive pdf scores that would "play themselves".
It would be a useful feature if LilyPond could do this.

cheers,
Janek