Help with git rebase recovery, please

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Help with git rebase recovery, please
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 10:31:36 +0100

I just made a mistake with git rebase and lost a branch I'd like to recover,
but I don't know how or even if it is possible.

Here's what I did.

I checked out branch A
then entered

git rebase master

This gave merge conflicts, and the usual three options.
I decided not to resolve the merge conflicts at this point, but incorrectly
entered

git rebase --skip

This repositioned branch A at master, apparently losing the changes it
previously contained.

I should have used git rebase --abort I guess.

So, can I now recover my original branch A?

Trevor