Issue 2646 and issue 1523

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Issue 2646 and issue 1523
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:18:21 +0200

Hi,

I tried to tackle issue 2646 and issue 1523, but didn't find a way to
alter \parenthesize from /ly/music-functions-init.ly to fit the needs.

Instead I wrote \parenthesizeStencil.
This function allows to parenthesize various stencils, including
MultiMeasureRests and BreathingSigns.
It is possible to specify the context and the grob which should be
parenthesized.

I had to alter `parenthesize-stencil' from /scm/stencil.scm. This
causes a change in input/regression/parenthesize-markup.ly but I think
it's better now. ->screenshot-1.png

The function can't replace \parenthesize but it might be a completion.

Attached the code in snippet-style.

What do you think?

-Harm