Re: Issue 2653 in lilypond: Midi output does not respect tied notes

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Issue 2653 in lilypond: Midi output does not respect tied notes
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 10:59:22 +0200

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:39:33AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Then we need to change the descriptions in the tracker.
>
> Sure!  Just go find the source that's running code.google.com,
> make a patch, submit it to google, and the next time they update
> their code (maybe once every few months?) we'll be ready to roll.
>
>> Closes Statuses:
>>
>> Fixed: Developer made requested changes, QA should verify
>> Verified: QA agrees with the developer
>> Invalid: This was not a valid issue report
>> Duplicate: This report duplicates an existing issue
>>
>> It is obvious that changing "Duplicate" to "Verified" would be a mistake
>> since it would lose the connection to the issue linked as duplicate.
>
> Go tell google.
> (it's already in their issue tracker, and has been for IIRC at
> least three years)
>
>> So both with respect to the status descriptions as well with what I
>> consider useful, figure me surprised.  At any rate,
>> <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=1&q=status%3AInvalid>
>> cranks out a list of 44 "Invalid" issues.  According to the stated
>> policy, those should be marked "Verified" eventually.
>
> Yes.  Actually, I thought that I was going to stop making any
> devel releases if there were still "issues to verify" waiting
> around, but I must admit that I haven't been checking this lately.

I can't see the reclassification of "Invalid" being listed as a duty of
the Bug Squad in
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/issue-classification>.

Only "Fixed" is marked with an explicit description of Bug Squad duty.

On
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/bug-squad-checklists>,
I find

After every release (both stable and unstable):

    Issues to verify: go to

        http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=7

This _only_ lists "Fixed" issues, not "Invalid" ones.

So no, we don't have _any_ policy documented that would require the Bug
Squad to remark "Invalid" issues as "Verified", and I would definitely
consider it a mistake if we had since the set of qualifications required
for verifying "Invalid" is atypical for the Bug Squad.

So what gives here?