Re: Correct makelsr handling of local update (issue 6416045)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Correct makelsr handling of local update (issue 6416045)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:39:51 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:33 PM

I tested makelsr without arguments.  I kinda works, but I'd like the
snippet-list files to be updated when a tag is added or removed from a
snippet.

I'm working on a patch for this.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6416045/diff/4001/scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py
File scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6416045/diff/4001/scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py#newcode162
scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py:162: tags.sort()
Good. In case of a local update (i.e. if not len (args)), I'd get the
tag list from the snippets list files.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6416045/diff/4001/scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py#newcode313
scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py:313:
This is an improvement, but with this change, if you delete or move a
snippet in Documentation/snippets/new, the old snippet file will persist
in Documentation/snippets. I suggest to delete all files in
Documentation/snippets that contain ("generated from %s" % new_lys) in
case of a local update.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6416045/

I pushed this about 30 seconds before your comments. TBH I think the best way of working is to put a patch up for comment, but push if you want - we're going to be the only people running the script, so we can keep updating and correcting it. Please feel free to add the functionality you're suggesting.

--
Phil Holmes