Re: Google code down?!?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Google code down?!?
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 20:01:23 +0100

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 07:23:32PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> our issue tracker went
>
>     500. That’s an error.

*shrug* happens occasionally.

> Do we have a contingency plan?

Nope.  I know that it's possible to get some information as a csv
file, and I'd be surprised if there weren't other options for
getting the data.  I suppose somebody could also write a json
robot to scrape all the data.

But I consider the chance of google completely losing the
information to be pretty minimal.  A much more realistic worry is
if google decides that the account is a "persona non grata" and
deletes it (well, "removes access from it" rather than "deletes
it").  However, although I've heard that happening to numerous
people (thereby losing everything in gmail), I've never heard of
that happening to a code.google.com project.

In short, I think there's much worse things to worry about.  But
if anybody wants to investigate making a personal backup of the
issue database, feel free!