Re: git push doesn't work

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: git push doesn't work
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 08:50:30 +0200

Am 27.07.2012 08:45, schrieb David Kastrup:
Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

this is the time for my first patch to be pushed by myself ;-)
... and it doesn't work.

I followed the instructions at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/git-for-the-impatient

My work is on barlineI, so I did

(on master)

git pull
git checkout barlineI
git rebase master

(I squashed all 19 local commits to a single commit earlier)

git fetch
git rebase origin/staging barlineI~0
gitk HEAD

(looks quite alright, my patch is on the topmost line, below I see
remotes/origin/staging Issue 2692: Let ly;make-moment accept rationals.
Now taking a deep breath, typing:)

git push origin HEAD:staging

Is this a temporary server problem, or did I something wrong?
Temporary server problem, or your repository access method is not
suitable for pushing.  If you access the respository using http or
similar, expecting to push is too optimistic.

Check out the configuration of the repository in .git/config to see what
method you are using.
mit config file reads

[core]
    repositoryformatversion = 0
    filemode = true
    bare = false
    logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
    url = git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git/
    fetch = +refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin/master
    fetch = +refs/heads/staging:refs/remotes/origin/staging
[branch "master"]
    remote = origin
    merge = refs/heads/master
[rietveld]