go-enc2ly status update; request for reverse engineering

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: go-enc2ly status update; request for reverse engineering
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 15:41:05 -0300

Hi Felipe,

I got go-enc2ly such that it prints useful output for simple scores (try eg.
http://www.samba-choro.com.br/partituras/porartista/vermusica?mid=8544&pos=156
); there are some installation instructions at

  https://github.com/hanwen/go-enc2ly/blob/master/README

Your further exploration of the file format was of tremendous help !

Since you seem to have a copy of Encore, I was wondering if you could
help figure out how the tuplet bracket works in Encore?

I know it uses the same code as the Beam (0x40), but it must have

* some type field to distinguish it from a real beam and
* some other configurations, that (I imagine) link it to notes.

So far I only know this about beam,

 https://github.com/hanwen/go-enc2ly/blob/master/encore/data.go#L292

have you looked into this at all? I know the notes/rests have a
2-nibble field for tuplet factors, but that doesn't let us distinguish
between

  \times 2/3 { c4 c4 c4  c4 c4 c4 }

and

  \times 2/3 { c4 c4 c4  } \times 2/3 { c4 c4 c4 }