Re: Detecting infinite loops in regtests

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Detecting infinite loops in regtests
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 19:40:50 +0200

Hi Mike,
Le vendredi 17 août 2012 à 13:20 -0400, address@hidden a écrit :
> I'm running the regtests and I think a while loop may not be exiting.  Is
> there any way to see in which file LilyPond hangs on the loop?

ps w -H |less

or if the build is not a child of the shell you're using

ps wax -H |less

If you still have several lilypond processes running, you could also run
something like

tail /path/to/lilypond-multi-run-?.log

then rerun it a few seconds later to compare the log tails, so you can
identify which snippet Lily is hanging on.

HTH,
John