Re: GOP2-4 - C++ and scheme indentation (probable decision)

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: GOP2-4 - C++ and scheme indentation (probable decision)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 08:13:34 +0200

Graham Percival writes:

> I'm sorry, but I am quite confused.

Ah, good.

> If I understand this paragraph correctly, then there has been a
> large communication problem.  I am not proposing that we document
> manual procedures.  Instead, I am proposing that we use automatic
> formatting for scheme files.

Okay, good.

> I see two candidates for such automation:
>
> 1. the fix-scheme.sh script that Carl was writing.  This
> introduces no additional dependencies.
>
> 2. a new fix-scheme-with-emacs.sh script which calls emacs to
> format a text file, i.e. something like

> If there is tentative agreement with this, then I will re-examine
> the proposal carefully to see where the misunderstandings arose
> and fix them; then I will re-submit the proposal.

Yes, I very much agree.  Using something like the first two paragraphs
of my first, confusing email

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2012-08/msg00366.html

in the documentation and proposal would be great.  Also, the Emacs
dir-local trick is already being taken care of, so it seems.

Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl