Re: Brain surgery on the make system

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Brain surgery on the make system
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 20:20:44 +0200

2012/8/27 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:
> If you can put a patch to do this on staging, I'd be more than happy.
> Thanks.

OK, will do, likely tonight.

> In the old days, we would have needed to remember to update GUB's file list,
> but you've fixed that?

As Graham has managed to build with GUB sources freshly branched out
from master (at the price of some extra changes in both GUB Lily spec
and Lily makefiles), yes I have.

>  And the list of sub-directories in GNUmakefile.  But
> you've fixed that too?

Yes, as long as nothing need to be built from within a directory, it
needn't contain a GNUmakefile any more.

Best,
John