Re: GUB upload error

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: GUB upload error
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 10:16:18 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:15 PM

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 03:43:40PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
address@hidden:~/gub$ make lilypond-upload
LILYPOND_BRANCH=release/unstable
LILYPOND_REPO_URL=git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git

chgrp -R lilypond uploads/lilypond*
chgrp: invalid group: `lilypond'

right, oops.  You need to make a lilypond group on your computer,
and almost certainly add your user to it.

I think the commands are:
 addgroup lilypond gub

(to add the user "gub" to the "lilypond" group, and I think it
automatically makes a new group)

Then reboot to make sure the change takes effect.

- Graham

OK - looks like we're now uploading. It'll take a while over DSL. I may need to move house to get to a fibre-equipped property....

For reference, I added the new group and added my gub user to that group, and the script still barfed. It can't change the properties of the files unless it has the permissions to do that, which it doesn't. I had to run:

sudo chown gub:lilypond -R *

to get it going.

--
Phil Holmes