Re: GUB patch

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: GUB patch
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 01:40:29 +0200

Hi David,
Il giorno mer, 29/08/2012 alle 16.37 +0200, David Kastrup ha scritto:
> Hi, I just looked at the repository, and picked out the patch that was
> required for bypassing the bashism.  However, I don't think that the
> "touch all manual pages" thing actually belongs in there and should
> likely get removed before committing this.
>
> John, is this correct?

If you don't include the "touch all manual pages" in your commit, GUB
build of tools::texinfo shall fail for every system, whether help2man is
available system-wide or not, as in this case Texinfo build does not
look for binaries in /usr/bin, at least not help2man.

If you find touching files like in this patch too ugly, a proper
solution is to add a GUB spec file for help2man (with a dependency on
Perl IIRC, which IIRC is already built in tools GUB target) and add its
dependency in Texinfo spec file.

Best,
John