Re: exact placement rules for volta brackets?

From: ArnoldTheresius
Subject: Re: exact placement rules for volta brackets?
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 23:25:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Marc,

I think to base the volta brackets on the bar line horizontal origin (where
differnt sized bar lines in different staves are aligned together) is the
best solution.
I expect, based on this a 'linear transformation' can do the rest of the
job.

I just started my trials with a callback to shift the volta brackets
depending on the current context.
In an alist 'my-volta-bracket-horizontal-adjustments' I setup the 'linear
transformation values', which are evaluated by
my-volta-bracket-shorten-pair, which is defined as callback for
'VoltaBracket #'shorten-pair'. There are 4 'tranformation value lists' per
bar type - for left and for right hook, and for begin/end of line and for
middle of line.
I hope, you can use much of this code to include in scm/bar-line.scm.
In my trials I observerd some more 'future work':
- If you modify the bar line size properties, some (especially the segno)
may run out of shape
- I got diffent volta brackets at the same time (in different staves) -
perhaps a new detected bug.

Here is my test example:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n132047/volta-hook-alignment.ly
volta-hook-alignment.ly