Re: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skyline

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skylines. (issue 6498077)
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 07:45:00 +0000

Works for me.  16% slower than master.
(I'll try make clean and make.)
It makes no change for the Chopin; can you give an example where it
helps?

I still do not understand how creating separate SlurStubs helps.  At the
time when we build system skylines, what information is in the stubs
that is not also in the slurs themselves?   Can you explain the need for
stubs ?
-- without using the word 'pure' because I do not know what you mean
when you say that word -- you could mean 'with the boolean of that name
set to true' in any one of dozens of functions.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6498077/diff/4046/lily/axis-group-interface.cc
File lily/axis-group-interface.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6498077/diff/4046/lily/axis-group-interface.cc#newcode806
lily/axis-group-interface.cc:806:
Axis_group_interface::add_interior_skylines
move this back up to line 616 for the sake of history

http://codereview.appspot.com/6498077/diff/4046/lily/slur-engraver.cc
File lily/slur-engraver.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6498077/diff/4046/lily/slur-engraver.cc#newcode347
lily/slur-engraver.cc:347: vector<Grob *>::const_iterator it =
// Keep just one stub per Staff-like construct
// Remove stubs if we have seen one already in the same vag,

??  Do slurs that stay within a single staff produce stubs, and do we
remove them here?

http://codereview.appspot.com/6498077/