Re: [GLISS] turn xxx.yyy into ("xxx" "yyy")

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: [GLISS] turn xxx.yyy into ("xxx" "yyy")
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 23:36:42 +0200

2012/9/12 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On 2012-09-12 10:38, David Kastrup wrote:
>>> if we write xxx in LilyPond, this is considered to be a string.  I want
>>> xxx.yyy.zzz to be a list of strings ("xxx" "yyy" "zzz").  The main
>>> incentive is to be able to have music functions be able to accept both
>>> Stem as well as Staff.TimeSignature as a function argument.
>>
>> How would this work with lyrics or with markups?
>
> No interference.  In lyrics mode, you already have to write things like
> \override Staff . TimeSignature to get the lexer putting out separate
> tokens recognizable by the parser.  Since I was not going to change the
> lexer, this requirement would stay the same when calling the respective
> functions in lyrics mode.

Some time ago I tried to define some markup-commands to handle
musicglyphs like `accidentals.sharp' as part of a larger string and
used them in music-functions.

These markup-commands used
(string-split <argument> #\. )

I never finished this work, but will it still be possible to use
(string-split <argument> #\. ) ?

-Harm