Re: Recent LSR + Tarball checkin

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Recent LSR + Tarball checkin
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 13:30:39 +0200

James <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I noticed that one of the changes in one of the snippets shows
>
> -          \consists "Mark_engraver"
> +          \consists Mark_engraver
>            \consists "Staff_collecting_engraver"
>
> Is there a significance/preference using quotes or not?

<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/contributor/lilypond-formatting>

    All engravers should have double-quotes around them:

        \consists "Spans_arpeggio_engraver"

    LilyPond does not strictly require this, but it is a useful convention
    to follow.

Whatever a "useful convention" may be, that's our current rule.