Re: Doc: Clarify documentation of footnotes (2971) (issue 6845078)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Doc: Clarify documentation of footnotes (2971) (issue 6845078)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 17:43:26 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/6845078/diff/15001/Documentation/notation/input.itely
File Documentation/notation/input.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6845078/diff/15001/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1280
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1280: specifies a type of grob to
mark (like @samp{Flag}).  If it is
At the time this text was written originally, grob-name was pretty
accurate.  But now we probably should call it something like "grob-spec"
(or whatever we use for overrides) instead: if you want to put a
footnote on a time signature, you'll need to write
@samp{Staff.TimeSignature} as a spec: with @samp{TimeSignature} alone
the footnote will not apply (as the time signature is announced at Staff
level), quite similar to how overrides behave.

So we should at least give one example including a context name.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6845078/