Re: Feature request for a warning if set is misused

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Feature request for a warning if set is misused
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 05:21:05 -0800 (PST)

Colin Hall-3 wrote
> OK, it looks like I have misunderstood the intention of your original
> bug report, Eluze.
>
> Please specify the circumstances under which you would like to see a
> warning.

ok, I'll try to be more precise:

with the code (admittedly wrong)

  {  \set Fingering = #'(up)  g1 -1 }

LilyPond stops working and the log only says:

GNU LilyPond 2.17.8
Processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...

in this case it would be helpful to find a message in the log to indicate
which command on which line caused the crash - if LilyPond can trace back to
that point.

if it's not possible to locate/identify the error causing command a simple
message like "LilyPond stopped working" or "LilyPond ended abnormally" plus
a "normal" termination would be better than nothing.

Eluze