Re: PATCH: Countdown to 20121220

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: PATCH: Countdown to 20121220
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:12:13 +0100

James <address@hidden> writes:

> On 19 Dec 2012, at 03:28, Colin Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>     Documentation:
>     Issue 3033: Doc: Usage - clarifying the documentation of advanced
>     command-line options - R 6938071
>     Issue 3004: Web documentation needs updates - R 6949062
>     Issue 3028: lyqi link from LP web site not valid - R 6947065
>     Issue 2895: Enhancement request for web page
>     http://lilypond.org/manuals.html - R 6867054
>     Issue 3020: Patch: Documentation/GNUmakefile: Add dependencies for
>     internals.texi - R 6943053
>

> Can some confirm that Patchy is enough to test the GNUmakefile update
> as I seem to recall a change a few months ago that I think Julien did
> that couldn't be tested using the scripts (I couldn't find the
> original issue) or if there is a specific test I need to do?

Well, it would help to check that "make doc" still compiles from
scratch.  Testing this patch _functionally_ beyond that is beyond the
capacities of a normal tester.  Basically one has to wait for complaints
from developers, which is how the patch came about in the first place.
Makefile coverage is less than perfect anyway.  This is intended as an
incremental improvement of an imperfect state.