Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3150 in lilypond: oversight in repeats.itely w

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3150 in lilypond: oversight in repeats.itely with old bar-line-glyphs
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 09:49:53 +0100

[code.google.com doesn't let me use the html form to reply, I claims out that
address@hidden is an invalid owner username. Huh?]

Am 01.02.2013 09:20, schrieb address@hidden:

Comment #2 on issue 3150 by address@hidden: oversight in repeats.itely with old bar-line-glyphs

git grep "|:" doesn't show it.

It does here, but then I use bash as my shell.  With
git grep '"|:"'
I don't get to see it, obviously.

Frankly, I don't think we are doing people a favor with ".|:" exactly because it is an exclusively glyph-induces statement about the bar line rather than a logical one. There is no section ending before and after every repeat logically. Nobody views a repeat sign in that manner, and if you write out, say, lyrics with repetition, you'd write

|: I love you, :|: again and again :|.

And you would not realize that the last bar is what you see in mid-song also. Or is it?

I am not sure that I understand you correctly.

Do you imply that the '.' kind of ends a section and should probably
be changed to another glyph which has no special meaning in terms
of sentences/sections and ideally looks like a bold vertical line, or am
I totally wrong here?