Re: Issue 754: don't transpose generic property-setting music commands (

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 754: don't transpose generic property-setting music commands (issue 7303057)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:25:21 +0000

On 2013/02/11 06:18:57, Keith wrote:
On 2013/02/09 08:54:03, dak wrote:

> It doesn't matter.  LilyPond is still being actively maintained.  If
> feature is required, it can be implemented properly, with a proper
> interface, _without_ resorting to exploits.

I was hoping to be able to provide a backward-compatibility function,
as in
<https://codereview.appspot.com/7312074/>, just in case someone used
\transposition inside of \transpose the way it used to work.

I did not even look at the proposed patch but it touches several
binaries.  That should not be necessary.  Of course, in this variant of
the patch, it would be feasible just to put untransposable back to #f,
but since the followup work includes reversing the sign of the pitch
again, this is a dead end.  I think that something using ApplyContext
should be workable, though, so that the compatibility function gets
along just using LilyPond/Scheme and can be loaded on-demand.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7303057/