Makeinfo 5.0 released

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Makeinfo 5.0 released
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:40:53 +0100

Here is part of the release announcement:

    As you might imagine, there are numerous changes since the previous
    release (4.13, over four long years ago). By far the biggest change
    is a complete reimplementation of makeinfo. It is now much more
    flexible but also, sadly, much slower, despite all our optimization
    efforts. We hope all the many improvements make the new version
    worthwhile for users nevertheless.

    The full NEWS is available at
    http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/texinfo/texinfo/NEWS?view=markup

"much slower" seem like just what we needed, but of course, the time
taken by makeinfo itself is probably less than 1% of the DOC build time.
Or rather, it has been.