Re: who is doing patch-review -> patch-countdown

From: James
Subject: Re: who is doing patch-review -> patch-countdown
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 21:47:59 +0000

On 19 February 2013 21:16, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

Am I supposed to change

  patch-review  -> patch-countdown

by myself?

No.

If you are referring to the dots patch, this has something like 4 patch tests (by me) in the last 24 hours.

As I cycle patches every 3 days, I made the judgement that a patch that had just had a re-re-re-re-review literally hours before the 3 day cycle ended vs one that had been sat waiting for 3 days or at least 2 with no reviews as not being equal.

I don't code, and as far as I could tell while this may have been 'trivial' it sure didn't look liike it to me with all the testing that needed doing.

And if David wants to use his dictator-powers that is his perogative.

And how long shall I wait after getting a LGTM?  I'll add
a link to the Rietveld issue as suggested by David, but this is a very
minor thing...

To you perhaps, but I have no clue. A patch that has had multiple goes on a test isn't minor, and by the way it only gets multiple goes because I happen to have had the space to test the patches when I did, I'm all for testing once a day if that will calm things down, but then you;d complain that you had to wait so long for a patch to get tested i expect.

Come on.

james