Re: Pictures in the docs and website

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Pictures in the docs and website
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 18:26:29 -0800

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 04:07:41PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> So we have 2 "master" copies of the pictures (and
> also other stuff, like the PDFs).
>
> My suggestion is that we should treat the LilyPond repo as the
> master,

Yes, the ones in the main repository are the "master" versions.
However, note that not all the files are in the repo, notably
large pdfs.

The reason we need the "extra" graphics in the lilypond-extra
repository is so that we can build the website without requiring
imagemagick or eps2pdf2png anything like that.

> and document a process whereby anyone editing one of the
> pictures, or adding a similar binary file, should push it first to
> the main repo, and then repeat this push to
> https://github.com/gperciva/lilypond-extra.

No argument there!  Yes, more documentation about maintainability
the better.