Re: Uses only unpure-pure containers to articulate unpure-pure relations

From: dak
Subject: Re: Uses only unpure-pure containers to articulate unpure-pure relationships. (issue 7377046)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 05:48:18 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/7377046/diff/17001/input/regression/scheme-text-spanner.ly

https://codereview.appspot.com/7377046/diff/17001/input/regression/scheme-text-spanner.ly#newcode129
> input/regression/scheme-text-spanner.ly:129:
> side-position-interface::y-aligned-side)
> I really don't understand why you ask on the developer list about
> gratuitous prefix changes because of a different implementation
language
> when you propose such changes right afterwards.

In my e-mail, I stated:
"I'd prefer if all native Scheme functions did not have the ly: prefix
- it
helps to know what things are where."

So why do you ask when you ignore the answer?

side-position-interface::y-aligned-side above is a native Scheme
function that
does not have the ly: prefix.

You remove the prefix in this patch set.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7377046/diff/17001/lily/grob.cc#newcode866
> lily/grob.cc:866: if (to_boolean (scm_object_property
> (me->get_property_data ("stencil"), ly_symbol2scm ("ly:stencil?"))))
> Where is this object property being set?

In define-grobs.scm.

I've looked very thoroughly without success.  I can't find a setting
of the ly:stencil? object property in your patch set, and I can't find
it in the current code base, either.

Care for a line number?

https://codereview.appspot.com/7377046/