Re: Restructure parsing of reverts to avoid ambiguities in relation to B

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: Restructure parsing of reverts to avoid ambiguities in relation to BACKUP (issue 8103043)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 22:56:31 +0000

On 2013/04/02 22:22:38, dak wrote:
On 2013/04/02 21:51:20, janek wrote:
> Thanks fot the explanation!
> Could you paste it into commit message?

Have you taken a look at the actual diff?

Of course.  I've also read the big comment above, but i didn't read the
remaining parser code and i'm totally unfamiliar with this code area.

It is just factoring out one subexpressions of revert
into revert_arg_backup, making for about three trivial
changes.

Yes.  Unfortunately without better knowledge of parser code (I'm sorry,
but i cannot spend more than a few minutes reviewing each patch, so i
cannot study the code around carefully, and when i say that i'm
unfamiliar with it i really mean it) it wasn't obvious to me what the
consequences of the change were.

Commit messages are cheap, but it seems like blowing
the importance of the patch way out of proportion.

Do as you wish.
Since the explanation is now already written (i mean, in your previous
mail), i think it would be a waste not to use it.  I guess that if it
was completely trivial, you wouldn't bother to write it ;) so it has
some value.

Anyway, I'm obviously in favor of detailed commit messages, as can be
seen here https://codereview.appspot.com/7768043/

best,
Janek

https://codereview.appspot.com/8103043/