Re: X-aligning on Y-parent - ?? advice needed

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: X-aligning on Y-parent - ?? advice needed
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 22:13:35 +0200

Hi,

2013/4/5 Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:

> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> It is obvious that MultiMeasureRest itself should be a spanner, but
>> its number is just a text, an item with a fixed width.  Why should it
>> be a spanner?
>
> They have to be spanners - if the mm rest is broken across a linebreak, the
> text should be too.

Do you mean a situation like this?

\score {
  <<
    { s1*3 \break s1*5 }
    { R1*8^"foo!foo!" }

  \layout {
    \compressFullBarRests
  }
}

2013/4/5 Neil Puttock <address@hidden>:
> On 5 April 2013 17:47, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Regardless of it being a spanner, i've tried to find where
>> MultiMeasureRestText's (and MultiMeasureRestNumber's) Xparent is set,
>> but without sucsess.  I thought that maybe it happens in line 240 of
>> paper-column-engraver, but apparently not.
>
> Spanner:set_bound ()

Ah!  Thanks a lot, that set me back on track.
>From my tests it seems that there is no need to reset X-parent of
MMRtexts, MMRnumbers and PercentRepeatCounters in this place - if we
let them continue to be what they were set to using previous patch
(i.e.  MMRs/PercentRepeat), everything seems to be fine.  What do you
think about it?  (a draft patch is attached - my tests say that it
doesn't change anything in regtests).

best,
Janek