Re: doc: explain how to add lyrics to polyphonic sections (issue 3236) (

From: jimmyg521
Subject: Re: doc: explain how to add lyrics to polyphonic sections (issue 3236) (issue 8384043)
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 18:15:15 +0000

A proposal: given that no other section of 1.5.2 mentions lyrics,
perhaps using my submission (or the original at 1.5.2) for temporary
polyphonic context at 2.1.2 is a better option, with a link at 1.5.2 to
2.1.2? Anyone setting multi-voice music and using the examples at 1.5.2
can easily use the double backslash construct as well as a temporary
polyphonic context. The double backslash construct is very problematic
for those writing choral music which will almost always have lyrics. The
temporary polyphonic context saves *much* time and ugly code. It seems
better to put it where people engraving choral music would look for it.
That is really the reason for my submission -- to put something where
people will naturally think it would be (which is where *I* looked for
it :-)

https://codereview.appspot.com/8384043/