Re: doc: explain how to add lyrics to polyphonic sections (issue 3236) (

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: doc: explain how to add lyrics to polyphonic sections (issue 3236) (issue 8384043)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 13:17:29 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/4/10 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:
>>
>>> that's why i don't like writing docs - i don't remember the syntax
>>> :)
>>
>> Tsk tsk tsk.
>>
>>> I wonder if it would be easier if we were using some wiki - this was
>>> a simple doc addition and it took me about an hour to do all the
>>> maintenance...
>>
>> And you think that wrong Wiki syntax (which you eventually also have
>> to learn) leads to better non-HTML output?
>
> Of course not!  But when i'm editing Wikipedia, i have syntax buttons
> next to me, and i can preview changes without waiting more than a few
> seconds.

Maybe you should try using Emacs as an editor.  It has menus and buttons
for writing Texinfo, and if you do make, you can use C-u C-h i for
directly viewing the generated info files within Emacs (in case they do
compile) without images.  "make info" is the expensive version including
images, but it tends to be affordable after you got the initial run
behind you.

> I don't mean that we should abandon Texinfo or something.  I'm just
> saying that it's a hindrance for me, and the result is that i don't
> like to write docs.

Perhaps you should get a Texinfo-aware editor.