problem with bar numbers and marks

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: problem with bar numbers and marks
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:42:41 +0200 (CEST)

[release/2.17.15-1-39-g2e81934]

Folks,

the last time I tested (approx. 10 months ago), the following code

  <<
    \new Top   { s1        s1\mark \default        s1 }
    \new Staff { R1 \break R1               \break R1 }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \accepts "Top"
      \remove "Mark_engraver"
    }

    \context {
      \name "Top"
      \alias "Staff"
      \type "Engraver_group"

      \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
      \consists "Mark_engraver"

      \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity = #DOWN
    }
  }

worked just fine -- this is a much simplified example code of a `Top'
context which I use for tempo marks, rehearsal marks, etc.  However,
with a recent lilypond version, I get this warning multiple times

  programming error: cyclic dependency:
   calculation-in-progress encountered for #'adjacent-pure-heights
   (VerticalAxisGroup)

which eventually leads to the bar number lowered down if a line starts
with a rehearsal mark (see image).

A bug?  Or am I doing something wrong?

    Werner

PNG image