Re: Updating lilypap, and versions

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Updating lilypap, and versions
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 16:50:44 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> To: "Devel" <address@hidden>; "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 4:25 PM
Subject: Updating lilypap, and versions

(Aimed mainly at GP, but copied to -devel).

Graham - if you've followed any of the discussion on -bugs about point-and-click on windows, you'll know that it would be handy to update lilypad. I've now got a working compile on my windows box, so can test updates quite easily. One thing I discover is that the version on github is not being used to create the version we deliver with GUB. I know that GUB uses a python config file to locate it and download it (in principle) - that's documented here: https://github.com/gperciva/lilypad/blob/master/windows/README. So I presume the first step to updating lilypad is to create a tarball from github and put it in http://lilypond.org/download/gub-sources/lilypad/. The slight gotcha alluded to above ("in principle") is that the location specified in the .py config file actually misses out the final /lilypad/, so I'm not sure how it's actually downloaded by GUB.

Anyway - is there a way of managing version numbers? It looks like we just add one to the 3rd digit in the build whenever it's updated. You think that's true?

Anything else you remember about this?

--
Phil Holmes

Apologies for the possibly appropriate typo in the title.  Lilypad.

--
Phil Holmes