Re: Continuing towards 2.18

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Continuing towards 2.18
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 12:08:41 +0100

karol <address@hidden> writes:

> Not sure if I understand correctly. Does that mean that \override
> MetronomeMark.flag-style will be disabled in stable 2.18?

It will not be available under 2.18, yes.  If you want to use this
feature that was created/committed/tested after the line for the
_stable_ 2.18 release has been drawn, you'll have to use 2.19.  It's not
like it won't be available.  It will just not be available in _this_
_stable_ release.  If you want to work with something that the
developers are confident to call stable, don't use this feature.  Or
wait for 2.20.  Or use 2.19 without the "to our best knowledge and
conscience, this state should be reasonably fit to be called stable"
assertion you'll get with 2.18.