Re: page-breaking: allow ragged pages to be compressed; issue 3281 (issu

From: dak
Subject: Re: page-breaking: allow ragged pages to be compressed; issue 3281 (issue 25710043)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 09:31:25 +0000

On 2013/11/19 09:16:34, Keith wrote:
On 2013/11/19 07:57:36, lemzwerg wrote:
> LGTM.  Just to be sure: Does the warning message regarding forced
compressed
> pages (if ragged-bottom is active) get emitted even for
single-system pages?

A single system on a ragged-bottom page gets a warning from lilypond,
but not
lilypond-book.

If I move the code that sends the error-message to make_pages(), so it
can print
a page number, then there is there is one possible way to compress
without a
warning:  if you use lilypond-book and ragged-bottom=#t, then the
make_pages()
is not used.  I do not know what ragged-bottom means in lilypond-book,
but it
does switches on your warning message.

I don't think that ragged-bottom means anything in lilypond-book in
LaTeX: lilypond-book then produces one image per system, and it's
LaTeX's job to assemble a page from that.  Texinfo might take whole
pages from LilyPond instead.  Not sure about that.

I'll go back to the old error-messaging behavior, without the page
number.

Can you see any effect from ragged-bottom in those runs of lilypond-book
where the warning disappears?

https://codereview.appspot.com/25710043/