Re: Support articulations, slurs and breaths in MIDI (issue 26470047)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Support articulations, slurs and breaths in MIDI (issue 26470047)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 15:23:03 +0000

On 2013/11/24 15:11:38, Devon Schudy wrote:
David Kastrup wrote:

> the next goal for this sub-project may be to get the audio playback
> to honour the \repeat structures by translating the volta and
> tremolo flavours to unfold.

I want this too, but apparently it was discussed previously, and some
users don't want voltas automatically unfolded, because they don't
want to hear them twice when proofreading.

Perhaps do it conditionally based on some context property?

Audio_note just uses Pitch::transposed; it doesn't do anything special
about \transpose. IIUC the only problem with their interaction is that
\transpose mistakenly transposes \transposition.

Oh no, we fixed that in issue 754 in February, 2.17.13.

> Or have the hook scale up the durations of the notes you return by a
> factor you tune via a property for all fermatae?

Doing fermatas by changing the durations would require delaying all
later notes. This isn't supported yet, but might not be terribly
hard to add.

A factor is the wrong thing to do as then polyphonic passages will get
out of sync when the last note at the fermata has a different length
in different voices.  I think that using one beat or a fraction of a
measure should likely be used.

https://codereview.appspot.com/26470047/