anyone notice speed of 2.17.95 on Windows ?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: anyone notice speed of 2.17.95 on Windows ?
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:58:39 -0800

LilyPond has always been a slower on Windows than under Linux, but I get
worried if it is more than twice as slow.  I would think the operating systems
affect speed mostly through 1) the font server, 2) memory allocation, and 3)
the Guile implementation.

I timed one big score, Movement 1 of
<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=1793>
         2.16.2  2.17.95
 WinXP   2m 30s  5m 10s
 Fedora  1m 50s  1m 50s
and do not like the 5m (although I remember version 2.12 taking 20 minutes for
this movement)

But the timing for another score
<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=1320>
comes out more evenly
         2.16.2  2.17.95
 WinXP   1m 15s  1m 30s
 Fedora     46s     39s

Maybe the first example has some specific quirk, so I'll dig deeper.  The big
change of using skylines for placement around music does not cost much when
there are no lyrics or other text placed against music.   Has anyone else
noticed a troublesome slowdown?