Re: Reduce offsets of \super and \sub (issue 35320043)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Reduce offsets of \super and \sub (issue 35320043)
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 01:15:35 -0800

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 23:56:09 -0800, <address@hidden> wrote:

I have one request: this patch makes the situation better, and even if
the baseline-skip approach is wrong, it was already used that way so
it's not making things worse.  I suggest to push this patch, and then
work on making this smarter (in the spirit of "best is the enemy of the
good").

Definitely.

The patch as it is already fixes both cases here
  \markup {      \concat { 8 \super va }
    \fontsize #3 \concat { 8 \super va } }
because \fontsize changes baseline-skip in harmony.

Scaling on font-size would properly change the #:properties line of some of
these functions, which affects `make doc`, and last time I did that in this
file it was a disaster (http://codereview.appspot.com/9295044/).