Re: tweet or http://lilypond.org/productions.html

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tweet or http://lilypond.org/productions.html
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 14:43:08 +0100

James <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to look back on the old discussions when we set up the
> Pondings and I am not sure where the tweet/web line should be drawn
> (if it should be drawn at all).
>
> That is the tweet is I assume going to be rather ephemeral whereas the
> website is going to be around for a while in terms of being
> search-able. So for example David K added a Ponding recently:
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=49eb1b3eab84975c67613986c65f60f731c9818b
>
> Which is great but I see no reason why this would not be better served
> in the 'productions' part of the website.

Basically it was to avoid making a more definite decision.  It may well
be that it belongs in some of the more permanent sections ultimately.

I'm trying not to drop too many balls, so I decided to do at least
something.

> Are there any strong opinions?

Well, my strongest opinion is that anything I need not bother with helps
me focus on things I am better at.  We have some rules due to our being
a GNU project: we don't want to advertise non-free software or services
based on similar lock-ins.  So anything deserves a close look before it
is placed in our more permanent sections.  Also one should try not
having too many dead links...