Re: Issue 3641: Keep only one Axis_group_engraver active (issue 20500043

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Issue 3641: Keep only one Axis_group_engraver active (issue 20500043)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 21:58:09 +0000

On 2013/12/16 18:16:54, dak wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/20500043/diff/20001/lily/vertical-align-engraver.cc#newcode99
lily/vertical-align-engraver.cc:99:
On 2013/12/16 18:05:17, Keith wrote:

> This removal of the Vertical_align_engraver looks like a convenience
feature,
> just for cases where you add Axis_group_engraver to an unusual
context.

I don't actually understand that comment, nor do I understand whether
it is necessary to take any action on it.

The check and warning were here because this case was another one that
could cause infinite recursion akin to the one the first patch cured.
I think the use case of not messing with engravers at all and,
say,
accepting a NoteNames context into a Staff (apparently typical for
Jazz sheets) would be easy and intuitive.

You might still be talking about the check against creating
VerticalAxisGroups inside other VerticalAxisGroups.  The check here for
is Vertical_align_engravers and these engravers do not seem to create
anything dangerous.

So I do understand the reason for the additional check you added here.
It does not do what you momentarily thought it should over on -user.  It
looks fine to me, though, as it should not cause any problem, so I am
not suggesting any action.

https://codereview.appspot.com/20500043/