Re: Problems with git cl

From: James
Subject: Re: Problems with git cl
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 13:24:35 +0000

On 24/12/13 12:36, Carl Peterson wrote:
On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 7:31 AM, James <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,
Is 'git-cl upload master' (which works for me) the same as 'git-cl upload
origin/master'?

I received the same error either way.

This error sounds familiar to me anyway :)

Are you using Lily-git.tcl?

I have been, intermixed with command line usage. But again, my first
patch review worked fine, and I was using lily-git.tcl exclusively.

Carl P.
Right, it's the '..I was using ... exclusively' bit [that worked fine] that might be the clue.

I am not a real experienced git cli user at all but I do know if I start to mix cli with Lily-git.tcl it gives me no end of headaches - apart from --amend or --author when I then use cli and then re-use lily-git.tcl to make a new patch and all on dev/local_working.

Lily-git.tcl will always put you back on dev/local_working when you open it, so if you are explicitly making and applying patches (for example) on staging or master and then mixing in lily-git.tcl it will cause problems (at least it does for me). If you are using your own branch then it simply doesn't work very well at all - as I found out when trying to work on stable/2.18 :(

So I am wondering if you were on master or staging and then ran lily-git.tcl at some point which then put you on dev/local_working and did what it does and THAT caused a problem?

James