Re: Avoid macros in SATB framework. (issue 51230043)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Avoid macros in SATB framework. (issue 51230043)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 14:30:45 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/51230043/diff/20001/ly/satb.ly
File ly/satb.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/51230043/diff/20001/ly/satb.ly#newcode75
ly/satb.ly:75: #(define-once Key *unspecified*)
I don't see that using some Scheme interface rather than providing that
facility on the LilyPond level makes a lot of sense.  For one thing,
this will not overload identifiers defined in the Guile module rather
than the parser even though

Key = \key\default

would do.  Let's keep in mind that the whole idea of the satb template
is not as much as getting a single job done, but rather for us to start
developing a template infrastructure.  That means that whenever a
particular facility is not available in an immediately useful manner, we
want to define it (not in the template, but in LilyPond proper) rather
than work around it.

The goal is not just that an ordinary user finds it easy to _use_ a
particular template, but also that he or she finds it easy to define his
own templates.  That's what we need to get a template ecosystem off the
ground.

https://codereview.appspot.com/51230043/